Julie Todaro, chair of this task force, will lead a discussion of "Transforming Texas Libraries: Ideas for Transforming Your Own Community" on Tuesday, July 8 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. All Annual Assembly attendees are encouraged to participate in this "train the trainer" session to learn how to conduct their own version of the visioning summit. Julie has developed a series of tools and training materials for a new wiki (http://transformingtxlibraries
On Monday, July 7 a small working group of task force members will flesh out the final report. If you are interested in volunteering for the full day, please let me know.
The Steering Committee will meet on Wednesday, July 9 at 8:30 a.m.
In terms of establishing an infrastructure for statewide change, TLA will also be focusing on own structure so that we can better lead change in the state. Annual Assembly will be the kick-off of an exciting new TLA strategic planning process chaired by Joyce Baumbach. Joyce's task force is asking individuals as well as unit and committee officers to contribute ideas to the following questions:
- What are the most important statewide activities to undertake to effect a statewide transformation of libraries for their constituents?
- What do librarians need to help them transform their libraries for their constituents?
- How can TLA lead the transformative process for their constituents?
- How can librarians begin to transform our professional culture?
- How should TLA be organized to focused on issues facing libraries?